Land information and spatial data provided by the Land Board are needed in various spheres of activity: economy, education, health care, environmental protection, national defence, transport and logistics, land use, utilities, etc.
Our cooperation partners are:
- boards, inspectorates, agencies;
- companies, non-profit organisations;
- emergency and rescue services, national defence;
- county governments and local governments;
- educational and research establishments;
- professional organisations, etc.
The Land Board is a recognised cooperation partner in the fields of cartography, geodesy and geoinformatics, and represents Estonia in several international organisations.
The Land Board:
- is the national contact point for the European Commission in spatial data related issues;
- is a member in EuroGeographics » – the Association of National Mapping, Land Registry and Cadastral Agencies;
- is a data provider for the pan-European datasets EuroGlobalMap », EuroRegionalMap » and EuroBoundaryMap » compiled by EuroGeographics;
- is a technical contact point for the European Space Agency » and responsible for setting up and operating the National Mirror Site for providing free access to Sentinel data »;
- is a member in the Permanent Committee on Cadastre » in the European Union;
- represents Estonia in the European Regional Committee of the United Nations Committee of Experts on Global Geospatial Information Management (UN-GGIM »);
- represents Estonia in the Struve Geodetic Arc Coordinating Committee ». The Struve Geodetic Arc passes through 10 countries and is inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List;
- has bilateral cooperation with its sister organisations in Finland and other Nordic and Baltic countries;
- has cooperation with international companies HERE » and Google ».